He "runs" the fifth grade pretty much the same way that Helga runs the fourth grade, except that people of his grade actually pay attention to Wolfgang rather than just stay away from him, indicating that they like and respect his bullying ways.
Wolfgang constantly torments Arnold and the other fourth-graders, and is seen as sort of his rival when it comes to sports. He's also very superstitious as seen in "Friday the 13th", as he became easily spooked when Arnold's Grandmother brought her 13 black cats. He gets his main kicks off of winning and demeaning those smaller than him. He is 10 or 11 years old.
Despite being a bully, he seems to be intelligent because he realizes in his first appearance that he could end a culture of violence and be a hero by stopping Trash Can Day (although he still didn't listen by putting Arnold and Gerald in the trash), he takes oboe lessons until 4:00, he suggested to Ludwig the idea of using the fourth graders as players for the football game, devised a plan for Trash Can Day, made sure Chocolate Boy didn't eat chocolate for a month and other strategies.
Wolfgang has blond hair and wears a green shirt with a cobra on it, brown shorts, and green and white shoes.
- Wolfgang was created when Craig Bartlett discovered between Seasons 1 and 2 that Toran Caudell's voice had changed to the point where he couldn't talk like Arnold anymore.
- Due to Toran Caudell going through puberty and not being able to play as Arnold. Craig Bartlett thought of the idea that Toran Caudell should do the voice of Wolfgang since that he's older than the 4th Graders and it would show how the same way Jamil Walker Smith was going through puberty and still in the cast is the way how Toran Caudell was still in the cast. So that people can see how Wolfgang's voice has changed just like Gerald's voice after the episode Gerald's Tonsils. Plus both of the actors had went though puberty at the same time.
- In the episode New Bully on the Block it’s revealed that Wolfgang takes Oboe lessons.
- "Hey, look at me, I'm a fireman!"
- "You fourth grade wussies are wasting your time!"
- ”Hey those are my fourth grade wussies put the football head down!”
- 33a. Longest Monday
- 34a. Mudbowl
- 47a. Dangerous Lumber
- 52b. Cool Party
- 55b. Grand Prix
- 66b. Friday the 13th
- 72a. Back to School
- 76b. Synchronized Swimming
- 81a. Sid the Vampire Slayer (no cues)
- 83b. Principal Simmons
- 84a. New Bully on the Block
- 86b. Sid and Germs
- 89a. Suspended
- 90b. Chocolate Boy
- 94a. Phoebe's Little Problem (no cues)
- 97a. Timberly Loves Arnold (no cues)
- Hey Arnold! The Movie (cameo)
- Hey Arnold! The Jungle Movie (cameo)
- See Wolfgang/Gallery
This article needs expansion. But, with a little cultivation, it could become a virtual paradise. Won't you please help out an article in need? This template will categorize articles that include it into the Article stubs task category.