The fifth and final season of Hey Arnold! consists of 32 quarter-hour episodes, 2 half-hour specials, and 1 hour-long special.
Even though it was released separately, the series' theatrical film is also considered part of this season as it was produced alongside most of it.
|#||Segment A||Segment B||U.S. air date||Production code|
|81||Sid the Vampire Slayer||Big Sis||March 18, 2000||185A /|
|82||Gerald's Game||Fishing Trip||April 27, 2002||/ 183A|
|83||Bag of Money||Principal Simmons||April 5, 2000|
|84||New Bully on the Block||Phoebe Breaks a Leg||April 12, 2000||/ 181A|
|85||Stuck in a Tree||Rhonda Goes Broke||January 5, 2001|
|86||Helga's Locket||Sid and Germs||April 19, 2000|
|87||Beaned||Old Iron Man||January 12, 2001|
|88||Ghost Bride||Gerald vs. Jamie O||November 11, 2003||186B / 189A|
|89||Suspended||Ernie in Love||April 26, 2000||185B /|
|90||Arnold Visits Arnie||Chocolate Boy||January 26, 2001||188B / 191A|
|91||Harold vs. Patty||Rich Guy||February 3, 2002||/ 195A|
|92||The Racing Mule||Curly's Girl||January 11, 2004*|
|93||On the Lam||Family Man||June 1, 2002||194B / 193A|
|94||Phoebe's Little Problem||Grandpa's Packard||June 8, 2004||193B / 194A|
|95||A Day in the Life of a Classroom||Big Bob's Crisis||November 15, 2003|
|96||Married||May 11, 2002||197|
|97||Timberly Loves Arnold||Eugene, Eugene!||January 28, 2003|
|Film|| Hey Arnold! The Movie|
(Arnold Saves the Neighborhood)
|June 28, 2002||198|
|98||April Fool's Day||April 1, 2002||201|
|99||The Journal||November 11, 2002||202|
- The last two episodes of the series, "April Fool's Day" and "The Journal", were produced in 2001, a year after the rest of the season and the movie. This is because episodes 98-100 were originally going to be the three half-hours of the TV movie Arnold Saves the Neighborhood; but when the TV movie was selected for a theatrical release under the title of Hey Arnold! The Movie, Nickelodeon ordered three more half-hours to fill in the gap in the production schedule, which were turned into these two episodes.
- As a result of being produced separately at a later date, these two episodes share a few differences with the rest of the episodes of the season; namely featuring Alex D. Linz as the voice of Arnold, improved animation quality, and a slightly different production crew credited.
- Season 5 consists of 20 half-hours, but a total of 24 were aired in the US as part of the season. This is because three episodes from Season 4 (75, 77 and 80) and one episode from Season 3 (Parents Day) were held over for unknown reasons.
- While in many other regions, such as Belgium, Canada, and Latin America, the season (and the series) finished airing in mid-to-late 2002, the U.S. broadcast was extremely erratic, taking a total of four years to air every episode.
- Despite "The Journal" being the last episode in production and chronological order, it wasn't the last episode aired in the U.S. The remaining four holdover episodes took a year and a half to air.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.