- The legend of the pigeon man has been handed down from kid generation to kid generation, for as long as I can remember... which was about since I was three. Take it away, Gerald.
- In the pet shop district, there stands an old tenement; abandoned since the great fire of '69. After the fire, the pigeons started gathering by the thousands on its charred roof.
- No one knew why, until one day someone saw a dark figure moving among the avian multitude.
- For lo, alone on the roof of that 88th street building, there lurked a creature, half-man, half-bird; known only as... Pigeon Man.
- Some say he was hatched from an egg and left by aliens; and he had a beak and a tail.
- Some say that he survives by eating leaves, twigs, and worms!
- Some say he's a guy in a chicken suit; a lonely, deranged man wanting only birds for company. Who knows? I don't.
- But to this day, flocks of pigeons gather on the roof, and that can only mean that someone is caring for them; someone known as...Pigeon Man. THE END