- Ernie says there are 13 boarders, but there are only ten characters who are ever shown (or heard) living there. These are Arnold, Grandpa, Grandma, Mr. Smith, Mr. Hyunh, Oskar, Suzie, Lana, Ernie, and Mr. Purdy. All of them, except for Mr. Smith and Mr. Purdy, are in the photo.
- Ernie removes two screws from a glass panel in the skylight, but then lifts the panel from the side that's still screwed in.
- When Mr. Smith leaves the house, you can see his face, but there's no mouth, nose, or eyes.
- At the hat store, when Arnold says "Huh? What are you, nuts?", his lips don't move but Gerald's do.
- When Arnold is talking to the borders outside the bathroom, the colors on his robe temporarily switch themselves.
- At the end of the episode, Arnold is outside the boarding house while holding another package instead of inside.